Sunday, March 22, 2015

Crispy GF Waffles! Sunday morning family traditions don't need to stop.

One of the many recipes we're now enjoying are these gluten free waffles. Mighty Moe has me make a supply of them to freeze every other week in which he dutifully gobbles up for breakfasts and snacks. Between pancakes, french toast and waffles, he picks these waffles everytime--sometimes to my French Toast loving chagrin. Don't get me wrong, these are really good but sometimes a gal just wants a eggy rich French Toast breakfast. First World problems I know. Sigh. If you're craving these wonders, please do give this recipe a try--they are super easy to make. Psst. . .add a scoop of pralines and cream icecream to make them an over the top dessert!




Ingredients (makes 12 waffles): 

3 cups GF flour blend (see recipe at end of photos) 
2.5 Tablespoon granulated sugar
1 Tablespoon Xanthum Gum or Guar Gaur powder
2.5 Tablespoon gluten free baking powder 
1 teaspoon fine sea salt 
6 large eggs
4 1/2 cups milk
1 & 1/2 cup cooking oil 
2.5 teaspoon vanilla extract
*For bacon waffles--add 1/4 cup real bacon bits 


Directions:

In a large mixing bowl combine all ingredients except for salt. Beat with hand mixer until creamy. Add the salt and mix. Heat waffle iron and spray with butter or Pan on both sides. Once heated, ladle batter into waffle iron and close. Cook until the waffle iron light say's it's done. Serve with maple syrup, fruit and whipped cream. 





Note: This is my go to Gluten-free AP flour recipe from King Arthur Flour's website. It uses brown rice flour instead of the typical mix of white and brown rice flour for a less gritty texture. They use stabilized  I haven't been able to find it yet, my brown rice flour seems to work just fine. I've found this works great for me. I mix a batch up and store it in a container for ease of use and add xanthum or guar guar when necessary.

6 cups brown or white rice flour (they use stabilized  I haven't been able to find it yet, my brown rice flour seems to work just fine.)
2 cups potato starch
1 cup tapioca starch 


No comments:

Post a Comment