Saturday, January 28, 2012

Ahhh to dip or not to dip?. . .Me, I'll always dip!





There are many variations of  Vietnamese dipping sauce (Nuoc Mam). This sauce is used in many dishes that I'll share with you in the future. I keep a big container of this in my fridge for it keeps beautifully. This is my mothers recipe and my favorite one that I have tasted so far. I think you'll be surprised by one of the main ingredients. 


Ingredients:
2 1/2 Cup grated carrots
1/2 Cup of grated pickled daikon (optional)
2 Tablespoon red chili flakes
Juice and pulp of 2 large limes
3 to 4 cup Crush or Sunkist Orange soda
2 Tablespoon white sugar
2 Tablespoon of minced garlic
5 Tablespoon of fish sauce


Directions
In seal-able glass container/jar (large pickle jar works well) add all of these ingredients and mix. Keep refrigerated. 

No comments:

Post a Comment