Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Yes my friends Bacon French Toast!


I'm not a breakfast gal for it tends to make me sleepy. Oh I enjoy all the foods associated with breakfast (especially Eggs Benedict & country fried steak with biscuits and gravy) and will once in a while make it for dinner but as a early morning meal I'll usually pass for a nice huge cup of strong hot coffee. Moe on the other hand acts as though he's dying if he doesn't eat a hearty breakfast and lunch. . .and dinner. Yep he's a 3 square meal type of man and yet he stays in perfect shape. The last time I indulged in making breakfast for us, I decided to make an easy French Toast. As I'm happy dipping my bread slices into the egg batter and buttering my skillet, Moe bellows from the other room like I'm across a soccer field "HEY HON! CAN YOU PLEASE PUT BACON ON IT!!!!! I walk into the living room with my eyebrow raised "seriously?" Moe replies like a little boy with a big smile on the verge of getting a big pancake sized lolly "Yep I like mine sprinkled with bacon bits and cooked into the batter." I do one of those "hmm okay" and shrug going back into the kitchen to do my mans bidding. Usually I'm a peanut butter, syrup and powdered sugar girl, might be blog worthy. . . and it is. Oh I know it's not for everyone but I'm starting to believe bacon really is good in everything. :)

Ingredients:
6 slices of bread (I use whatever I have on hand, but I know it's great with slices of thick french bread.)
4 large eggs
dash of cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon vanilla
1 cup of milk 
1/2 cup of prepared real bacon bits (I use Costco's)
butter for pan

Directions:
In bread size container or bowl beat the eggs, cinnamon, milk and vanilla.  On medium heat, melt butter in large skillet, making sure the whole bottom of the skillet is buttered. Plop your bread slice into the batter and flip--totally saturating both sides with the batter but not making it fall apart soggy. Place the slices onto heated pan. Sprinkle bacon bits on the top of uncooked side. Once the bottom is golden, flip and cook the topside. Sprinkle additional bacon bits on cooked side. Flip again once the other side is golden, this ensures both bacon sides are cooked. Repeat the process until all 6 slices are cooked. 

Serve with a pat of butter, maple syrup, peanut butter, powered sugar, banana slices, strawberries, raspberries, blueberries--the choices are numerous and all so good! If you want a big breakfast great sides would be sausage and eggs--truly a fall back into bed worthy meal! 


No comments:

Post a Comment