Friday, July 20, 2012

Sun-dried tomato, jalapeno & garlic hummus

I can't help it, I'm addicted to hummus and it's even healthy! Yes I know I made a batch the other week but this past weekend there was a sale on tortilla chips. . .poor things needed some dip and I needed another excuse to create. Here's a much milder hummus recipe that even your 7 year old will enjoy. For hot hungering cravings, check out my 5-Alarm hummus. 




Ingredients (makes almost 3 cups)
2 cans of Gabonzo beans, drained
3 tablespoons olive oil
1/2 cup sun-dried tomato with its oil
1 small jalapeno, stem removed and chopped
1 teaspoon cumin
5 sprigs of cilantro (approx. 2 teaspoons chopped)
2 rounded tablespoons peanut butter or tahini 
1/2 a medium lemon, squeezed


Directions
Place all ingredients into food processor and chop on high setting for about 5 minutes, stop the processor and scrape down the sides and pulse for a few more minutes, repeat as necessary or until creamy. Add more olive oil as needed. 



Refrigerate for 3 hours and serve with chips, pita wedges etc. Store in a airtight container in refrigerator.  


No comments:

Post a Comment