Monday, July 9, 2012

Update on Mystery Pastry Post

The blogger from Chasing James Beard must have had her spidy sense on, she messaged me that night and told me she asked some people back in China and they hadn't any idea what it was. She went to the bakery that sells those treats and the English name is "Spiced cookie with meat." The Chinese name is "Chicks pie". . . I also found a few wonderful recipe sharing groups on FB, 1 named "671 Recipes" which has over 22k members and surely over 675 recipes. There's an abundance of Guam recipes that simply look fascinating and I'll have to try some out. Warning though, if you join the group I don't know if you can share recipes unless you type them directly in. I tried to post one with a link and it wasn't published. I messaged one of the admins. last night and haven't heard anything back O.o), a bit strange me thinks. . .isn't sharing the whole point in blogs and groups, heck cooking in general! :D The other group is simply called "Recipes" and they have over 5k members and welcome members to post a variety of recipes and related links. I love that people posts recipe requests and others jump right in to help out. Very friendly, I recommend joining if looking for a cooking group.    


I posted my plea for information in the 671 groups page, hoping someone would be able to provide some info. I did receive a few responses, one of whom suggested they could be the Philippines "Hopa" or Chinese "Mooncake". . .I googled all of the responses and no luck. This is definitely a cookie type of dough and not a cookie with a filling. It could be a cookie only known in Canada and parts of the USA. Thus, the search goes on. 

No comments:

Post a Comment