Wednesday, February 22, 2012

A delicious dip or is it a sauce. . that's healthy and I like!





When I lived in San Francisco I was thankfully exposed to a variety spectacular Greek and Middle Eastern restaurants. I loved the spicy flavorful combinations of meats, dips and sauces. A particularly interesting one at the time for my taste buds was a refreshing cucumber yogurt dip/sauce. It seemed to be everywhere and used for a variety of different dishes and appetizers, simple but flavorful. I've heard this dip be called "Greek tahini" but I've eaten it at Middle Eastern restaurants as well. Although there are alot of different versions, this is my favorite.


Ingredients:
2 cup Plain Yogurt
1 heaping tablespoon garlic, minced
1/3 cup cucumber, grated
1 tablespoon lemon juice


Directions:
Add all ingredients to bowl, mix and enjoy!. . .How easy is that, right? ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment