Monday, February 27, 2012

Epic Fails in the kitchen!

The Today Show on NBC has cooking segments and last week they concentrated on Mardi Gras themed recipes. There was one in particular that caught my attention; the beignet. Well morning talk shows are not known for giving the guest chefs a whole lot of time to explain/show their recipes and this particular morning it seemed like less time then usual. I promptly went online and found the recipe on their site. Mixed up the batter and realized there MUST be a measurement mistake for the beignet dough was far too sticky. The recipe said "2 cups of flour" which made the stickiest goo imaginable, I added 2 1/3 more cups of flour to get it to a consistency that would be able to be rolled. I let them rise and fried them up per the instructions. I wasn't very pleased with the end result. I went online again and googled recipes for about 2 hours and compared them with the recipe I made, talk about varying recipes! Anyways, calking my 1st attempt at beignets up to an "Epic Fail." This wasn't my first fail, I've had plenty of them over the years and some of them are hilarious. I still have a sweet tooth so tonight I'm whipping up a batch of old fashioned donuts. 

No comments:

Post a Comment