Thursday, June 28, 2012

Adolf is missing. :(

Our teenage cat; Adolf; is missing. We haven't seen him since 6AM yesterday. Everyone in the house is beyond worried.




Adolf is the black and white kitty, Chloe is the whiter one with the raccoon tail, she's mine and the mommy. Chloe is the "I'll let you know when I feel like being petted" type--like most women. They seem to think I make the bed just for them, even though they're not allowed in the room. They sneak in there anytime I live the door open and make themselves comfy like the beds been on loan. Sheesh family always think they can get away with murder! :D


We suspect foul play. . .I'm not being paranoid. We've all canvassed the area by foot and car and fortunately have not seen any accident victims laying in the streets. I've contacted shelters, posted on Craigslist and FB. No luck. Which leaves me with the thought that foul play is afoot. I live behind a very large neighborhood in suburbia filled with gaggles of summer breakin kiddos--of which I'm sure there's at least one "let me take you home" child among them.  Adolf doesn't stray. Sure he does his little perimeter walks but he checks in every few hours. 


Now before you boo the choice of names let me tell ya, Mighty Mouse named him Adolf because he said the person was a monster but the name is nice. Adolf is the last kitty we kept after Chloe gave birth and we had her fixed. He was the runt and Mighty Mouse has a soft spot for runts. Even though Adolf was small he obnoxiously fought his way to those nipples and latched on until he became the strongest of her litter. You know how animals pick their owners? Well Adolf went from nipple to Mighty Moe to the point were I started wondering if he was Mighty Moe's wife from a past life. Seriously this cat is in complete utter love with him. I've owned many dogs and cats in my life and I've never seen anything quite like it! Mighty Moe taught him all his adorable but annoying habits like saying "Heeeeeeeeeeeelrooow", "Paaapa" the lastest one crooning while jiggling the french door handle "Iiiiiiwaaaaaaaanouuu". . meaning "I want out" . . .I'm dead serious, Adolf says those things. He smiles and rubs up against Mighty Moe's neck and face like a desperate $5 hooker. Like clockwork he comes in at 3:00pm everyday saying "Heeeeeelrooooow" while pacing the hallways seeing if Mighty Mouse is home yet. Starting at 8:00pm he's a virtual cling on and refuses to be anywhere but on or within petting range of Mighty Moe even if it means bathroom and shower visits. And Mighty Moe loves him just as ardently which is huge since he's always been more of a dog lover! Their love is certainly something to behold. Moe will CRUSHED if he doesn't come home. I WANT OUR CAT BACK! Waaaaaaaaaaaah! 

No comments:

Post a Comment