Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Experimenting with cookie crack


The other day I was contemplating which cookie bars I would make; Gooey oatmeal caramel bars or Peanut butter chocolate bars. I wanted both but was not about to have two pans of cookie crack in my kitchen. I decided I would try to combine the two. These were pretty darn good but I need to make some tweaks before I share the recipe. The problem is that the two different layers after day 1 tended to separate from each other. The peanutty part is just a bit too fine (texture is like the peanut portion of a Reeses) to adhere well to the caramel oatmeal once fully cooled. Uff they were good though!! I'm sure there's an easy fix and I'll figure it out soon. These were too satisfying not to share. My boys loved them and one of them isn't a big sweets lover like the other.  

No comments:

Post a Comment