Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Still thinking about Santa Fe's fabulous burgers

The Southwest Prawns didn't curb my craving for Tex Mex, I needed. . .no wanted more! Darn those black beans and spicy sauces. After some deliberation I whipped up a batch of black bean & beef burgers. Enough for 2 nights and finally my craving is satisfied. These were seriously, super good! Usually I do stuffed burgers but these are my new favorites. Next time I'm making a double batch and freezing the patties. As you can see from the photo, I totally overloaded on the avocado and sauce. Little Ms. Messy me. Sometimes a gal just needs to get in there and eat and not worry about being tidy. 


Ingredients (6 burgers, I think they were almost 1/2 pound each!)
3 lbs ground beef (90 percent lean)
2 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
1 tablespoon cumin
1 teaspoon cayenne pepper (add more if you like it extra hot)
1 cup black beans, drained
1/4 cup cilantro, chopped
1 tablespoon parsley
1 tablespoon garlic, minced or paste
1 teaspoon black pepper
1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
1 tablespoon lime juice, fresh
1/2 cup pickled jalapeno, chopped or sliced
1 1/2 tablespoon sriracha (or 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes)
1/4 cup salsa

For garnish:
Toasted hamburger buns, lettuce, avocado, tomato, salsa/mayo mixed up or chili sauce, cilantro and lime. 

Directions: In medium sized mixing bowl, add all the ingredients and mix until thoroughly combined. Make into patties. Grill or cook on stove. Serve with garnish and sauce. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment